There were a lot of stage nerves this week as we got ready to meet one of our photo-heros and hear about his work being re-imagined as comic books and video games – session VII is all about MARCUS BLEASDALE winner of the 2014 Photojournalism Media Awards for “Descent into Hell: Bloodshed in the Central African Republic
Usual drill – listen along, tweet your notes and comments using the #phonar hashtag, and storify your own global set of notes afterwards which should be augmented with links, photos and other materials pertinent to your area of interest..
Right, lets go to work.
Task from Marcus:
Tips for the aspiring photographer/storyteller/photojournalist.
– Don’t go to news events, find your own story. Cover the unreported and stick with it.
– Think about your style and how you want to represent your work.
– Don’t rush to join an agency, take your time, reflect, work out what is best for you.
– Forge real and sustainable partnerships which synergize with your vision of what you want to create and say about the world and continue to work with them.
– Work out how you represent emotion and relationships and . . . → Read More: #Phonar session 7